Translate

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!


Today is my birthday and a few days ago my husband says to me "Can you make me a birthday card?"  Now I thought it was for his birthday that is middle of January so I said no problem honey! I have lots of time! He said "No, you only have 2 days" and snickered....The bugger wanted me to make my own birthday card for him to give to me LOLOL. Now I thought at first cheap bugger but then I thought hmmmmm that was really sweet that he likes my cards so much that he wanted to give me my own creation!
So I thought to myself, I could just make a card but thought I would challenge myself and make a mixed media card...my first mixed media project! I think it turned out pretty nice.

The image that I used is from Simply Betty!


The Products that I used to complete my card;

Copic Markers

Skin: E50, E51, E21, E11
Hair: E49, E47, E44
Lips: R05, R08, R39, R02
Eyes: YG91, YG95, G99
Dress/Shoes: V05, V06, V09
Cake/Candles: 
V15, V17, BV08
R05, R08, R39, R02
E50, YR21, Y26, E44
Shadow: C00, C1, C3
Background: V000, V0000

Paper

White Cardstock
Gel Medium
Tim Holtz - Tissue Wrap - Melange
Gelato's - Red and Purple
That wasn't dark enough so I used some Acrylic Paints - Red and Purple
Gesso - over the paint
Embossing paste - Clear mixed with some white Gelato
Stencils by Tim Holtz - Speckles
Butterfly Jewel Embellishment

The challenges that I have entered this card into are;


Thanks for visiting my blog today!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment